Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles, Tinkyada Brown Rice Lasagne Noodles
- NexVeg patties
- 1 - 10 oz bag chopped frozen spinach; thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 2½ cups marinara sauce
- 14 oz firm tofu, drained and pressed ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning blend
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in hot water and drained
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, cook patties for 3-4 minutes. Break/ chop patties into a crumble and cook until browned. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles according to package to al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Line noodles on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare the tofu ricotta. In a food processor add all tofu ricotta ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add tofu ricotta to a bowl and gently fold in spinach with a spatula.
- Mix the NexVeg crumble into the marinara.
- In a casserole dish, add 1/3 cup of sauce mixture and spread evenly on the bottom.
- Start to assemble your lasagna roll ups by adding 2 heaping tablespoons of the tofu ricotta and spreading it into a thin layer in the middle of each noodle. Then, top ricotta with 2 tablespoons of the sauce and slowly roll noodles and place into casserole dish. Repeat until all noodles are rolled. Pour remaining sauce on top of the rolls.
- Bake rolls in oven for 25 minutes.
- While rolls are baking make your Cashew Cheese Sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Remove rolls from oven and pour desired amount of sauce down the middle of the rolls and bake for an additional 3 minutes to heat the sauce. Enjoy!
LOVE THIS RECIPE! Very hearty and filling. It’s a great recipe for holidays with my non-vegan friends.
January 20, 2020
Log in to leave a comment!