Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Nexveg™ patties
- 6 oz. pasta, cooked according to the package
- 6 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each patty into quarters and roll each section into a ball, creating 8 balls.
- Place them on to the lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and water, saute for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into milk until dissolved.
- Slowly stir milk into the mushrooms and let mixture come to a low boil. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Mix in pasta until warm and top with Nexveg™ balls.
This recipe is fabulous! The kiddos love helping to roll the meat(less) balls. If you’re looking for a different version, the cream sauce can also be easily substituted with basil pesto or your favorite tomato sauce.
November 25, 2019
Log in to leave a comment!