Guest Recipe by @AlexaFueledNaturally (Instagram)
NexVeg Vegan meat balls
1 yellow onion
8 ounces white mushroom, chopped
2 NexVeg patties
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup walnuts
Oil for pan frying
Pasta noodles (I used bucatini)
Store bought vegan pesto
Vegan cheese for garnish (Optional)
fresh basil for garnish
- Roughly chop onion and then place in food processor and pulse 4-5 times. Then add the mushrooms to the food processor and pulse 5-6 times.
- Add mushroom and onions to a large pan and sauté for 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the NexVeg patty and break apart with wooden spoon. Cook for 4-5 minutes then turn off heat and transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pan over medium heat toast walnuts, constantly moving walnuts around with a spatula. should brown in 1-2 minutes. Transfer the walnuts to the food processor and pulse 5-6 times. Transfer the walnut crumbs to the large Mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, onion powder and chopped cilantro. Mix well to combine then form golf sized balls.
- Either pan fry or bake the meatballs! If you’re pan frying add 3 tbsp oil to a pan over medium heat and once hot add meatballs and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- If you’re baking, preheat oven to 375 F. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping meatballs half way through.
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on package.. once pasta noodles are cooked combine with pesto.
- Serve pasta hot and top off with meatballs, garnish with cheese and basil.
Log in to leave a comment!