Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
For the loaf:
3 NexVeg™ patties, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup white onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 oz. baby mushrooms, rinsed and diced
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- ½ cup natural ketchup
- 2 tbsp. vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup natural ketchup
- 1 tsp. Vegan worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line the bottom of a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a non stick frying pan saute the onion and garlic in 2 tbsp. of water or veggie broth over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Make sure to add a tbsp of liquid as needed to prevent from sticking. Add in mushrooms and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together ketchup, worcestershire sauce, tamari, and maple syrup.
In a separate large bowl add lentils, sauteed vegetables, NexVeg™ patties, flax seed, and ketchup sauce. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Press the loaf mixture into prepared pan, pushing down with your hand evenly . Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking, stir together the ketchup glaze ingredients.
- When the 15 minutes is complete, spread ketchup glaze on top of the loaf and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Allow to sit and cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Log in to leave a comment!