Prep Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Contains: Tree nuts and gluten.
18 medium sized mushrooms
2 Nexveg™ patties, cooked and chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
5 oz. fresh spinach , chopped
¼ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked in hot water for 30 min.
1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
¾ cup water
¼ tsp. garlic powder
Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stems. Place caps on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Mince mushroom stems and heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mushroom stems, minced garlic, and 2 tbsp. of water to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and place spinach mixture on a paper towel lined plate to drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make macadamia “cheese” by adding the nuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and water to a food processor. Blend until smooth, making sure to scrape the sides during blending.
- Add “cheese”, Nexveg™ crumble, spinach mixture, and breadcrumbs to a medium bowl. Mix together until well combined.
- Take a spoonful of the filling and fill each mushroom cap.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Log in to leave a comment!