Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hour
Contains: Tree nuts and wheat.
2 Nexveg™ patties, cooked and crumbled
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1-16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1- medium russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1- vegan bouillon cube
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ready to bake pie crusts
- 3 tbsp. water for sauteing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven according to package directions for pie crust. Line a 9-inch pie pan with one pie crust and trimming excess crust. In a measuring cup, add bouillon cube to hot water, whisk until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add onions, celery, and 2 tbsp. of water to a dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Add remaining tbsp. of water, garlic, mushrooms, and thawed mixed vegetables. Sauté for 10 minutes. Add bouillon broth, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- While vegetables simmer, bring a separate pot of water to a boil and boil potatoes until tender, about 8 -10 minutes. Drain and add back to pot. Mash until smooth and stir in milk.
Stir potatoes, Nexveg™ patties, and salt/pepper into vegetable mixture. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add filling to the pie crust. Place second pie crust over the filling and crimp edges together to close the pie. Slice a few slits on top of crust to allow venting.
- Cook pot pie according to crust instructions and serve warm.
Great recipe! I used it for a large party and it was a hit – pleased all diets and ages of individuals. I easily altered the recipe as needed to meet gulten-free guests and added some favorite veggies – turned out delicious.
January 06, 2020
Log in to leave a comment!